‘Tis the home selling season and things are in full swing here in Kamloops. With the current demand, selling your property should be fairly easy IF you have prepared properly.
“If you list it, they will come” is pretty true if you have a professional, experienced real estate agent. But what happens when they get there? Just because buyers come does not guarantee they will buy. Making your home as attractive as possible to potential buyers is you, the seller’s, responsibility. And let me tell you from experience, no matter whether you have an older home or a palatial new estate, it’s the little things that count. Really!
Let’s take it from the start. I’m not going to inundate you with a long list. I’ll stick to the little things that mean a lot.:
- Nothing says “I don’t care. I’m not proud of this place” like a messy, unmowed yard and entry. If you don’t care about your home, why should a buyer? Take the time to keep your “first impression” area looking welcoming at all times. You never know when a potential buyer may be driving by!
- Be aware of windows, doors and the door moldings. Make sure they are clean and free of fingerprints, smudges and scratches. You want everything to look clean and cared for while you let in as much natural sunlight as possible.
- Potential buyers are interested in storage spaces. Will there be enough for their needs? When they view your home looking inside closets, cupboards and built-in drawers is a natural part of the process. You needn’t worry about dressers & such, but the built-ins are fair game. Keep your stuff neat and orderly. It will enhance the appearance of spaciousness. If you just have too much stuff, rent a storage unit and clear as much out as you can! I promise it will be worth the expense in the end. An added advantage is clearing now means that much less you have to pack when the property sells!
- Smells make a difference! We all know to get the pets and litterboxes out and patrol the yard for aromatic piles before a showing. Some realtors will bring in fresh baked cookies or bread to enhance the ambiance. Whatever you do, don’t hit the place with commercial air fresheners! The message they send is “We’re trying to cover something up.” Open windows to allow fresh airflow. Flowers or other natural scents are also welcoming.
- If you have a range hood in the kitchen, be sure both the top of it and the filter are clean of dust and grease. Same goes for all air vents as well as fans in the bathrooms.
These are just a few small things to be aware of but believe me… it really is the little things that count!
When you are ready to sell your Kamloops home or relocate to the area, call me, Eric Putoto! Cash Back! Or Pay It Forward! Refer a friend, colleague or family member in 2012 … and have them benefit from the Maximum Value Home Selling or Maximum Choice Home Buying System by selling or buying their next home with me, Eric Putoto, the first Exclusive Licensed Realtor in Canada of the MaxAvenue Home Selling & Buying Systems, and you will receive $250.00 in cash or have me Pay it Forward to your favorite charity in your name! It’s a win-win for everyone! You get to decide what you would like to do with your $250.00 and the individual you refer me gets the best real estate experience possible!